Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,250 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Your new position
The Cell Biology Sales Specialist holds the responsibility for Bio-Rad’s S3e Cell Sorter, ZE5 Analyzer and Bio-Plex instruments as well as cell biology reagents business in the Netherlands, Belgium & Luxemburg.
The role leverages the entire cell biology portfolio of products through a centralized commercial and technical approach directed to the academic, pharma & biotech (and clinical) research markets.
The Cell Biology Specialist is expected to generate, qualify and help closing sales opportunities, to provide regular technical and scientific trainings, and to drive local initiatives to ensure a strong business growth and increased market share in the addressed markets.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Sustain, develop and grow market share in Bio-Plex and Flow Cytometer instruments and reagents
- Effectively prospect, generate, qualify and develop new leads
- Sales discussions, demos, training and support of new and existing customers
- To provide market & competitor information and activities as well as customer feedback to Management (Sales and Marketing)
- Reporting Sales Forecasts on a monthly basis
- Identifying long term strategic as well as tactical short term plans for the territory
- To maintain a high level of customer service and promote the company, its products, services and activities at all levels within the market place
- Building business relationship with key decision makers and opinion leaders, building new reference customers
- To acquire and maintain product, technical and application knowledge.
- Make use of PSS and Strategic Selling methodologies
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with internal, cross-functional colleagues.
- Represent the Company professionally, ethically, and morally at all times
How you will succeed
- Commercial experience with Flow Cytometry and Bead Assays technologies
- Experience working as a Specialist and/or Account Manager.
- Strong technical background in cell biology - history of working with Flow Cytometry desirable
- Demonstrated track record in lead generation and prospecting and qualifying leads
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management, communication, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Informatics skills: expertise in flow cytometry software and Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual who enjoys a challenging and dynamic working environment
- Dutch speaking and high knowledge of English. Speaking French is an advantage.
- Expected to be at customer side 75% of the time
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply’ with an updated CV. If this role isn’t right for you then please ‘Refer a Friend’ as part of our Employee Referral Program.
*Bio-Rad does not accept agency CVs, unless the agency has been authorised by a Bio-Rad Recruitment Specialist. We have a zero tolerance policy therefore we will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.